Gajak Recipe (Gajak Banane ki Vidhi)
In the winter, we all crave warm Gajaks, which come in several shapes and sizes, and flavors. It’s a crispy-textured treat that’s also a popular Lohri recipe that’s simple to make at home. It is traditionally made with jaggery and sesame seeds and gets used to keep the body warm. This delectable treat combines both ingredients in one dish.
Gajaks not only serve as a delicacy but also as a dessert recipe. It also aids in digestion after a heavy meal. The irresistible combination of gur and crunchy peanuts in the form of crispy bars will surely leave you wanting more!
Related Blog: What is Gajak: Preparation, Varieties, Benefits & More!
All You’ll Need: Gajak Ingredients
With only a handful of ingredients, you can make one of the most healthy, nutritious, and tasty dishes. For Gajak preparation, you need only a few ingredients, which you will find easily in your kitchen.
- 1 cup – sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup – soft, sticky jaggery
- 1 tbsp – Ghee
- 1 tsp – oil for greasing pan.
- 1/4 tsp – cardamom powder
If you follow the recipe to the T, you can make the most delicious Gajaks at home. What’s more? The preparation is so simple that you can make it anytime you want and store it in airtight containers to enjoy them for a few more days.
Here’s how you can make Gajak at home:
1. Set aside a pastry tray you have greased with oil.
2. In a heavy pan, toast sesame seeds until they are light and pinkish.
3. Remove and set aside.
4. Melt jaggery in a large, heavy pan over low heat.
5. Stir in the Ghee and cardamom until smooth.
6. Mix in the sesame seeds gently.
7. Pour into a tray and set aside to cool until warm.
8. Make any square indentations you want.
9. Allow cooling completely before transferring to airtight storage containers.
Order Gwalior’s Famous Shahi Gajak Online Now!
If you find yourself pressed for time, you can order Gajak online easily. Gwalior’s famous Shahi Gajak are available online, and you can also take your pick from the assortment of other sweets. Explore our range of Laddu, Gajak, Chikki, among others at Shahi Food Products. To shop, you can visit https://www.shahifood.in/.